Last week we shared with you all that we've been diggin' iced green tea. Not only is green tea so enjoyable, but there are lots of health benefits.
Check out this fantastic list by Kris Gunnars (we left out the scientific reasoning behind each, but you can read more here.)
- Green tea contains various bioactive compounds that can improve health (and helps to combat free radicals in the body.)
- Compounds in green tea can improve brain function.
- Green tea increases fat burning (aka boosts your metabolism) and can improve physical performance.
- Antioxidants in green tea may lower your risk of various types of cancer.
- Green tea may protect your brain in old age, lowering your risk of Alzheimers and Parkinson's.
- Green tea can kill bacteria, which can improve dental health and lower your risk of infection (if you know Shem and how serious he is about dental hygiene, this is a great benefit).
- Green tea may lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Green tea may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Green tea can help you lose weight and lower your risk of becoming obese.
- Green tea may increase longevity.
While we don't believe there is one "cure all, fountain of youth, magic plant" type of thing out there, we do believe that God may the things in the earth for our benefit, and with how enjoying a cup of green tea can be, and all of the potential benefits listed above, we say, drink up!
side note: makes sure to choose a high quality green tea (the lower qualities greens can be full of fluoride).