June, it's a month that has so many possibilities. It's the start of summer. The weather is warming, vacation is starting, things a changing. As we make the shift to summer, here are some things that we are especially enjoying:
- Writing everything down. We have too much going on not to. And there is something about pen and paper that is so classic that we will never tire of. We use this to keep all our weekly tasks and to do lists in check.
- Jalama, the beach campground of my childhood. We just got back from a fun Memorial Day trip there and it was so fun to take a trip down memory lane and share that memorable place with our own kids. Side note, if you're making a trip there, you have to plan on having at least one meal at the Jalama Grill. We're a sucker for their garden burgers!
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. We are reading the Lord of the Rings series together and it is a great way to unwind and relax after a busy day in the hustle and grind.
- Rice and Beans. Not only do they make a complete protein, but they're so good and so versatile. It reminds me of the summer I spent in Costa Rica eating nothing but rice and beans and never tiring of it. Lately, we've been loving brown rice and home cooked beans (so much better than canned) along with avocado, feta, and some homemade salsa.
- Fathers. We both had the privilege of growing up with loving, attentive fathers. We know that this is not something everyone is able to experience and we don't want to take this relationship for granted.
- Classy bathing suits. I'm sorry to say, but I can't get behind the new bathing suit trends (pun intended). Just like there are some things better left unsaid, there are some things better left unrevealed.