July, for us, is the epitome of summer. No school, lots of sun, lot of exploring, and lots of gathering together. Here's what we're loving this month.
- Protecting our skin. While we love us some vitamin D, we find that the older we get the more serious we get about protecting our skin from those harsh UV rays.
- Vacation days, time spent with family and friends, some who we haven't seen in far too long.
- Grillin'. Sometimes there's just nothing better that a good 'ol fashioned hamburger cooked in a backyard grill amongst friends. And maybe with some watermelon and potato salad on the side. Gotta stick to the classics. (If you want to change it up, here's a recipe for an amazing fig bbq sauce - and bonus it's free of refined sugar)
- Tea. While yes, it is the summer and so this might not seem like the most tea-drinking time of year, we love tea year round. And have we mentioned that our love of tea has led to an amazing endeavor with friends called Tea Culture?
- The beach. All day. Every day. (Ok well not really, but we've been spending a lo of time there as a family, and also lots of time playing our new family sport - Spikeball!)