I have to say, we have really been enjoying this year so far. It has not been without it's difficulties, but we've been able to learn and grow in some new ways and enjoy some great family time. Here are some of the highlights so far:
- Lots of family walks and quite at home time enjoying the shorter, slower days.
- Releasing two new Mr. B's products that we are excited about. Especially our lip balm which we have been wanting to release for so so long and now it's finally here and we are so excited to get it into people hands.
- Spending days at the local ball park watching our son play Little League on the very same field where Shem played.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society. This series of books by Trenton Lee Stewart has been a wonderful discovery for us. We have been reading the books out loud as a family and we have all enjoyed it so much.
- Being able to share our love of bread making and fermenting with many friends by teaching them what we have learned.
- Dabbling in watercolor and art again after a long absence. Sharing artwork can be a vulnerable thing, but I'm learning to just enjoy the process and not let pressure for the piece to look a certain way to keep me from enjoying the process (and the outcome).
- A field trip day (we homeschool) to Los Angeles where we enjoyed the Natural History Museum, Science Center, and Griffith Observatory. Shameless plug: We are sharing more about this day in an upcoming e-mail letter. If you haven't joined our e-mail list, its a great way to receive life stories, encouragement, and amazing sales. And we promise we won't reach out to you too much that it becomes obnoxious.