Summer is such a sweet time. It’s a time to enjoy even more the wonder of God’s creation, and to take a break from the regular commitments that we have throughout the year. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy the summer months:
- A Saturday morning trip to the farmer’s market. We love to walk around, eat samples, listen to the live bluegrass band, and buy some delicious fresh produce (and flowers) to bring home. Almost every city has a farmer’s market, or one a short drive away, and we highly recommend checking out one in your area. Check out this directory to find one near you. https://www.ams.usda.gov/
- The beach is one of our favorite places to be. When the water is warm and the sun even warmer, it’s our go to place.
- Smoothies every day. In winter, Shem makes oatmeal atleast 3-4 times a week at least, but in the summer it’s fun to switch it up and make smoothie bowls. Just make whatever smoothie flavors you like but keep it thicker than normal. Top with homemade granola, unsweetened shredded coconut, and a bit of fruit of your choice. It’s such a yummy way to start the day.
- Late evening walks. With the sun setting so late in the day, we love having ample time after dinner for long evening walks in the lingering warmth of the day. It’s a great time to connect as a family and for the kids to get all of their wiggles out before bed.
- Outdoor movies. Okay, we actually haven’t done this one yet, but now that we are living in a place with a backyard, we are planning on some great outdoor movie nights.
We hope that you will be able to enjoy all goodness that summer has to offer.