We're all about being cozy. And any gloomy day (which we don't get much of in sunny souther California), we are pulling out all the stops in our attempt for a cozy afternoon or evening in. Here are some of our favorite ways to stay cozy:
- Brew a cup of tea. Warms your hands, and your insides.
- Grab a book. Any book. But may we recommend:
- Find a blanket and get under it. Instant warmth and cozy factor.
- Turn off the lights and enjoy some candles.
- Bake. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but there's something about having the oven on warming up the house and the fresh scent of some goodie filling the house that is just so wonderful.
- No devices. There's nothing that ruins a nice relaxing moment like a chime, ding, or ring a ling. And looking at your screen only stimulates, instead of relaxes, your brain.
- Gather with friends. The Scandinavian countries have a word for, that embodies so much meaning into, that it really doesn't have a direct translation in our language. It's so much more than being cozy, and involves togetherness and community. Read about it here, you'll be inspired.
Whatever you do, and however you spend your days this season. We hope that in the midst of work and end of the year projects and planning for the holidays, you will be able to take some time and enjoy being cozy.